5 Ways to Make your Website EPIC
In the first episode of the Blazing Branding Podcast, Kim is going to talk to us about how to make our websites more epic. Kim went back and re-did these things for her own brand, YourChicGeek.com, and they’ve made a big difference with her conversions.
The five tips come at us in no particular order:
1. Creating an irresistible offer. This is not just putting together a generic lead magnet; you need to create something that will solve a specific problem. For example, weight-loss websites offering free eBooks about “how to lose ten pounds” are very generic. Something like “how to get a beach body in thirty days” is much more specific.
2. A killer homepage design. Kim’s website used to not really have a dedicated homepage, but rather the blog was shown instantly. A homepage is a guide. If people come to your homepage and you just have a list of blog posts, that’s not effective in guiding people into taking action. Kim likes using Thrive Architect.
3. Compelling copy and headlines. Ambiguous copy and jargon that people don’t understand is not going to benefit your website. Keep it simple and clear. Think about what you say when you’re casually talking with friends, because that’s the same style of writing you should use when creating copy.
4. Consistent branding. Make it simple and use two to three colors at most. You don’t have to do a lot to make something look good. Using consistent branding is going to make it easier for people to recognize you.
5. Amazing content. Remember that content is not just blogging. It can be podcasts, videos, infographics, and more. Amazing content helps solve problems and can be easily scanned by readers. Additionally, always end content with a call to action.
Following these tips will help you to improve your current website or build a great one from scratch. Oh and in case you need help with creating an irresistible and EPIC website for your business, checkout some of the trainings in the Blazing Branding Academy.