PlaceIt Logo Maker Review (2020): How to Design a Beautiful Logo
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored blog post from PlaceIt.net, but all opinions are my own. Now onto the post
Hey there guys!
Wow am I excited to share this blog post with you all that features a DIY tool that any solopreneur, blogger, creative and small business owner can appreciate.
I don't know about you but when it comes to logo design...and any other DIY design projects for that matter, my eyes start to cross a little.
Fortunately, there are a ton of tools available in the marketplace that make DIY design projects like “Logo Design” easy peasy.
If your current logo’s design is a bit “cringey” or looks like something straight out of the 80’s, keep reading to learn more about this resource.
The best part is this:
You don’t need any special software or design knowledge to create your logo. All you need to do is add your brand’s name in the area that says “Type Your Brand Name”.
After typing in your brands name, you will be taken to a few screens where you can add additional information about your brand to start the process of creating your logo.
What Will this Tool Help You Accomplish?
The logo maker tool that PlaceIt offers will take the “guesswork” out of logo design.
Instead of trying to come up with a design from scratch or shelling out tons of money to hire logo designers, you can simply use this tool to create one for your brand.
Here’s the best part:
There are over 8,000 potential designs that you can apply to your logo. As an example, here are some of the designs that I was able to create with this tool (in a matter of minutes):
As you can see, this is a beautiful logo design that didn't take me forever to create. I’ve tried creating logos from scratch in the past and I will be the first to say that it is Not.Fun.At.All.
Who Created this Logo Maker?
Have you ever heard of Envato? Well if you haven’t then it's time to get yourself acquainted with them.
Envato is one of the largest online marketplaces that you can get digital assets from. They have more than 9 different brands under their wings.
Some of their most popular brands that you may have heard of include Themeforest.net (a popular marketplace for WordPress themes) and Envato Elements (graphics, photos and more).
In fact, I’ve used Themeforest to purchase WordPress themes from in the past as they have a wide selection of them available there.
Not only do they have tons of WordPress themes available, but they also have video templates, different plugins, HTML templates and ecommerce templates available too.
Envato in a nutshell is a one-stop shop for a ton of digital assets that you can use to ramp up your brand.
How Do I Use This Tool?
To get started with using this tool, follow these instructions below:
Step 1: First things first, head over to PlaceIt.net and click "Logos". This will take you directly to the logo maker design tool.
Step 2: Next, type in your brand name in the bar that says “Type in Your Brand Name”
Step 3: After typing in your brand name, you will get asked to “Pick an Industry” that is related to your brand. Next click “Let’s Go”. The logo designer will then start populating logo designs based on your input.
Step 4: Now, you will be taken to a screen that says “Create a Logo Design that Stands Out”. Now, here’s where things get fun. In this section of the tool, you can actually apply your own brands color scheme to your logo and an icon as well.
To do this, you will need to click the little black drop down arrows beneath both of the color boxes. After clicking the buttons, you will see a box that pops up at the bottom that says “More”.
To apply your brands colors, click the “More” button then add your hex color code to this box. Your color code should start with a # followed by alphanumeric numbers. This is an example of what your hexadecimal code will look like: #dd800b.
Another great thing about this tool is that if you don't see an icon that represents your brand, you can run a search to find something more suitable.
For example, I ran a search for “Glasses” to add them to my final logos design to represent the “techie” side of YourChicGeek.
Step 5: After entering your color codes and selecting an icon that best represents your brand, the logo designer will start populating designs based on your entries. As you can see, there are a lot of options to choose from.
Here are some examples of logo designs that were generated for my brand after I added my brands colors to it:
Step 6: Select the logo design that you love the best. Lastly, you can start adding your brand’s information to the design.
How Much Is It?
For a single Logo, it's $39.95. Or, if you can get access to the tool for $14.95/mo for unlimited logos or a one-time payment of $99.95/yr.
Please Note: Prices may fluctuate for this service. You can click here to stay abreast of changes and updates to this service.
Who is this Logo Designer Best For?
In my opinion, this logo designer is best for:
- Solopreneurs that don't have an in house design team or don't want to spend a fortune on logo design. I’m a solopreneur running my business the lean way and so I appreciate the fact that there are tools like this available.
- Folks running their businesses the “lean” way and don’t want to shell out thousands for custom design work.
- Bloggers that want to whip up a great logo for their blogs
- Anyone that wants to create a logo they can feel proud to show off
What are Some of the Pros?
- You can design a logo in minutes (without having to start from scratch). Starting logo designs from scratch is challenging. This tool makes it easy peasy.
- No special software required. Everything that you need is right there within the logo designer.
- There are over 8,000 templates and designs to choose from and brand your business with
- You can apply your own brands color schemes to your logo design. This is very important for brand consistency.
- There’s a huge selection of icons to choose from to add to your logo design.
- Animated Logo designs are available that you can use to spice up your logo design.
- Live chat and support is available in case you need help. This is a biggie guys. If you’re ever stomped, you can simply head over to their live chat area to get the assistance that you need.
- If you choose the subscription option you can cancel at any time with no hassles.
What are the Cons?
A few cons that I’ve noticed are as follows:
- The thousands of logo designs can get a bit overwhelming and intimidating for some folks. Sometimes I believe that less is more.
- Lack of logo options for the one time price. I do think that this program is pretty affordable. However, it would be great to have at least 2 options to choose from.
- Limited font choices. I do wish there were more font choices available when designing your final logo.
- The inability to upload or use your own custom fonts. There are several fonts that I use specifically with my branding. It would be nice to see a section where you can add your own font choices to your logo.
How Can I Get Started and Learn More?
If you want to take this Logo Designer for a spin or learn more about it, create a logo here.
Once you land on the page, simply start typing in your brand name to start designing your logo.
Here again, if you have any additional questions or concerns about this tool, you can click on the “Need Help” icon at the bottom of the page to contact customer support.
Wrapping Things Up
As I’ve mentioned at the beginning of this post, I truly believe that this logo designer takes all of the guesswork and complications out of logo design.
Instead of struggling to create a logo from scratch and on your own, or meddling around for hours with complicated design programs, this tool will help you create a beautiful logo for your brand - in minutes.
I want to reiterate that there are tons of templates for you to choose from and you can apply your own brands colors to your logo to keep your branding consistent.
If you have a logo design that looks like something out of the 80’s or 90’s and want to design a professional logo in minutes for your brand, then I would recommend checking out PlaceIts Logo Maker!